Everyone come on in and say hi

New members introduce yourselves. Tell the people what you've done, say "hi", and view forum rules.

Moderators: Zombie Dave McCaig, Reber, Dean Welsh, Scott Johnson

Re: Everyone come on in and say hi

Postby jdsalinas » Wed May 27, 2015 1:08 pm

Hi Guys,
What a forum you have here! Wow! Some of you have jobs I dream of doing. My name is Jose Salinas, and I have been a Comics fan from years and years... now I am switching some hours from my engineering career to the comics world (my real call). I hope I am not too late to do something in this area.
jdsalinas
Fresh Meat

Postby fjsully3 » Mon Jun 08, 2015 2:22 am

Hi! I just recently registered and dropped in to introduce myself as a rookie member to the forum(s). What have I done? Oh well, its way too much to put in a 'forum condensed' form. Anyway, career-wise, its been pretty much within the Electrical Engineering or 'EE' and IT (Networking) especially and more recently Software Defined Networking or 'SDN' As for 'other' activities, such as drinking, smoking, partying, spending, music and sports events, and hangin'-out...
oh well you get the picture... :-)
Attachments
Me.png
Me.png (25.61 KiB) Viewed 15251 times
fjsully3
Fresh Meat

Postby nocturnalgeek » Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:49 am

Hi Everyone :)

I'm Michael from Philippines, a very fresh zombie to this site... Hope to see a lot of friends and learn new ideas here.
By the way, I'm currently working as a Comic Flatter for the past 3 years and hoping for a project.

here's my Gallery if you want to check it out. :)

http://nocturnalgeek10.deviantart.com/gallery/

don't forget to note me there! :)

Thanks! & God Bless! :)
nocturnalgeek
Fresh Meat

Postby Loke » Sun Jun 21, 2015 12:02 pm

Hi everyone! My name's Daniel and I've been trying to find an artist for a comic I'm writing, and my surfing brought me here. Hopefully I'll meet some pretty awesome people and even find a collaborator here! I saw on the first page of this thread that a colorist for The Mighty Thor is on here? It seems I'm among giants here!
Loke
Fresh Meat

Postby RobTorresPS » Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:04 am

Hi all,

Hope everyone is awesome today! :) My name's Rob Torres and I'm a professional colorist. I've worked on Starmage and a comic proposal for Chapel from IDW (2 Short Stories), Currently working on Tailwands from hashtag Studios. Done plenty of work on local indy titles here in Florida. I'm always looking for new work. I also do sequential art but coloring is what I've mostly been hired for. For more info see links below:

Personal site: http://robertotorres2.wix.com/robtorres ... onal/c1t44
Deviantart: http://robtorres.deviantart.com/gallery ... Color-work
ComicVine Page: http://www.comicvine.com/roberto-torres ... ues-cover/
RobTorresPS
Fresh Meat

Postby The Thorn » Sun Jul 05, 2015 4:19 am

Hi everyone,

I'm new to Gutterzombie. And new to the comic thing. I started producing a political comic strip in the last month:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/thethorn/beans
https://beanscomiconline.wordpress.com/

If you have any comments or suggestions, please let me know.

Regards,
The Thorn
The Thorn
Fresh Meat

Translator into Esperanto of the author Jack Vance

Postby Aplonis » Sat Jul 18, 2015 8:42 am

I come here seeking talented fans of Jack Vance, the Hugo and Nebula award winning author of many an SF & F novel and story. I head a project (with full permission) to translate Jack Vance into Esperanto. Yes really, no kidding, Esperanto.That being the case, I perforce gave up any hope of so much as breaking even, much less making a profit twenty-some long years ago. Still I persist because it is fun. To date I my effort runs to about 200k words divided across two whole novels and part of a third (in his Dying Earth series), plus one novella, and four short stories. All are published as free ebooks on-line. Utterly, completely and totally free. All download from a wholly ad-free website. Such is my hobby.

More importantly yet, my little project was authorized by Jack Vance himself. And since his death in 2013, remains fully authorized by his heir and estate. The official Jack Vance website and mine are interlinked.

[attachment=1]tn_cover_Kugel_la_Ruza.png[/attachment] [attachment=0]tn_cover_Mazirien_la_Magiisto_-_KOS.png[/attachment]

I have a small, international team, mostly proofreaders, audio readers and also a very few illustration artists among them. So as not to tax anyone's generosity over-much, I search from time to time in hope of finding yet other Jack Vance fans who might enjoy to contribute. One or two illustrators would be very welcome indeed, as some of my translated stories are wholly lacking. Hence I have come here a mooching, but not without first having donated hundreds, possibly even more than a thousand, hours on the project myself. All uncompensated for except for joy of the effort itself.

So then, what of any members here? Might there be one who counts themself a most ardent fan of my own favorite author, the one and only Jack Vance? You'd need to be that because just like the rest of us, my own self included, you'd be contributing effort for free. What I am most in need of at present is chapter-head illustrations for a couple short stories. Black and white line art, in the main, so as to be in keeping with the 60's & 70's era pulp-fiction genre. Visit our website and download the first book there listed for an example, if you so wish. Email me from the website (or straight from here) if that be the case.

http://esperanto.us

Your contribution would, of course, be clearly attributed. And no commercial use would be made of it ever. Each e-book has an section titled "Atribuoj" wherein is listed all who contribute. Another section details the Creative Commons license forbidding all derivative works or any commercial use. For three or more drawings, I list the illustrator's name additionally on the ebook's title page, and likewise on the website itself. But as I said, since the project consistently operates at a loss, never does anyone receive pay, myself least of all. I trust that my mooching shall not offend insofar as I myself have put in many hundreds of hours toward the same goal, meanwhile absorbing all the expenses. This I can do since to earn my own living I work as an aerospace test engineer. But when you're a fan, and can afford it, then that's what one does. Perhaps one of you might be such a fan.
Attachments
tn_cover_Mazirien_la_Magiisto_-_KOS.png
Cover art donated by Konsantine Korobov of Russia.
tn_cover_Mazirien_la_Magiisto_-_KOS.png (45.4 KiB) Viewed 15117 times
tn_cover_Kugel_la_Ruza.png
Color cover donated by Jerome Huguenin of France.
tn_cover_Kugel_la_Ruza.png (46.96 KiB) Viewed 15117 times
Aplonis
Fresh Meat

Postby Jan » Thu Aug 27, 2015 2:06 am

Hello everyone. I'm new here. looking to make friends, learn stuff, help people, flat stuff. I writ, pencil, ink, and color. trying to get as many skills under my belt as possible. Hopefully through interactions on here i can get feed back, make friends, work together on stuff. I don't know if you guys are cool with people posting links to Dropbox portfolios.... but, hey... enough with introductions, I like how the site is put together. lets get crazy, lets make ART!!
Jan
Fresh Meat

Postby archsider » Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:04 pm

Hi , :D
I'm new here ~
I am a colorist and ink sometimes as well~

archsider.deviantart.com
archsider
Fresh Meat

Postby TheToonATic » Mon Sep 07, 2015 11:20 pm

Hello everyone,
My name is Brandi and online I'm known as TheToonATic.
I'm a comic book artist, colorist, writer and on occasion an editor.
Currently I am attending college for a degree in Hospitality and Event Management with hopes of organizing conventions for our beloved comic artists.
I am a stay at home mom of two beautiful kids and a wonderful husband.
I am also currently writing, designing characters and all around working on my own comic book for my portfolio.
I found this site via Jason Brubaker's book, Unnatural Talent.
Also, I'm a bit of a novice youtuber.
I hope to meet some new artists here and learn from each and every one of you.
TheToonATic
Fresh Meat

Postby johnjd3 » Wed Sep 09, 2015 6:58 pm

Hello all GutterZombies ... I am a GZ noob and look forward exploring this forum world ... My name is John D3. I am a freelance Graphic Artist and have a Degree in Computer Animation from Fullsail University. I enjoy learning new skills, new techniques and ways of improving my art. I work in Photoshop CC2015 daily and Interested in any flatting gigs available
johnjd3
Fresh Meat

Postby hector estrada » Sat Oct 31, 2015 1:19 am

Hi,I'm Hector Estrada. I look forward to seeing what this place has to offer.
some of my work is here:

http://walgrover.deviantart.com/

http://walgrover.tumblr.com/

https://instagram.com/walgrover/
hector estrada
Fresh Meat

Postby StaySysComic » Sat Jan 02, 2016 11:01 am

Hi all,

I am a hobbiest comic artist who collabs with my hubby. This is my first forum community, but I liked the tutorial stuff I saw, so I'll give it a shot.
StaySysComic
Fresh Meat

Postby CatHornUnicorns » Fri Jan 22, 2016 12:51 pm

Aaah I'm Casey, I'm okay for a person, I've been writing a comic for a few years now and I'm studying art at college. I drink a load of tea and talk about comics a lot. Comics, comics, aaaa.
CatHornUnicorns
Fresh Meat

Postby Crifmer » Sun Jan 24, 2016 5:07 pm

Hi guys!

I'm Chris... I design games and narrate audio books. I've also been interested in comics for a while and had a silly little webcomic for a short time. I discovered that I enjoy digital coloring, so I'm building my my coloring skills. I'm pretty proficient with the lasso and paintbrush, and actually enjoy flatting (I'm weird), so I'm looking to try turning that into at least a side job.

Nice to meet you all.

-C
Crifmer
Fresh Meat

PreviousNext

Return to Welcome