Everyone come on in and say hi

New members introduce yourselves. Tell the people what you've done, say "hi", and view forum rules.

Moderators: Zombie Dave McCaig, Reber, Dean Welsh, Scott Johnson

Re: Everyone come on in and say hi

Postby mattleedrewthis » Wed May 14, 2014 4:48 pm

Hi Im Matt I am an aspiring Comic book Artist, have been an illustrator, and graphic designer for many years.
mattleedrewthis
Fresh Meat

Postby Joemetro666 » Tue Jun 03, 2014 4:06 pm

Hi ! Im joe, just found the site. Im a zombiejunkie.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (63.77 KiB) Viewed 7593 times
Joemetro666
Fresh Meat

Everyone come on in and say hi

Postby ucanreachramon » Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:47 pm

Howdy All,
My name is Ramon and I am an aspiring colorist. Back in 2011 I attended the San Diego Comic and saw a panel on Comic Book coloring and I was inspired by what good coloring can do to enhance a story. From what I had seen I felt the idea what sound is to movies, color is to comics. So I dove into books about Comic Coloring, Color theory, Digital Color and even story boarding.

I then took an online class taught by Chris Sotomayor built on an introduction to Comic Book Coloring. It was very informative and I was thankful for the line art to practice with and instruction and advice to get started.

Then a major change happened in my life… I got married! So with a years planning, the wedding and a commuting between two cities to live in my aspirations for being a Colorist got moved to the back burner.

In the end, I think the time away from my brief glimpse of Coloring did me some good. I had the opportunity to go to a couple local Comic Conventions and had the chance to chat with artist and get re-energized to search for some Line art files and start from scratch with the ones I have already. So for the last month I have been able to see coloring with fresh eyes. So I have been trying my hand at flats.

So here I am… taking the next step and plan to share my work with you all. This way I can be judged by you all and hopefully learn to be better. I figure if you rip me apart and tear me a new one... well, I guess I can hopefully become a proper colorist instead of an aspiring one!
ucanreachramon
Fresh Meat

Postby AndreaPenn » Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:28 am

Hello, my name is Andrea

My boyfriend and I have been working together for years on his stories and we are at a point here to start getting them down on paper. I'm here to learn from this community and hopefully share our progress and our stories to get a more public opinion on our work!

Thank you all for this great resource!
AndreaPenn
Fresh Meat

Postby Eagle » Tue Jun 17, 2014 9:45 am

Welcome to the gutter, new zombies. :)
Eagle
Überzombie

Postby Infolad1 » Sat Jun 28, 2014 1:47 pm

Hi Everyone,

My name is Derrick A. Richardson. I'm a a 24 year comics veteran, having drawn comics for all of the major media companies (Disney, Time Warner, etc.), as part of my friend and mentor Paris Cullins' Maximum Overtime Studio.

I'm also Founder & CEO of Arthawk Entertainment Inc., a Philadelphia based Online Network / Studio.

We're an international team of creative professionals, developing a first of it's kind online transmedia platform, The Arthawk Entertainment Online Network (The AEON), combining animation, games, and comics, on any internet device, for free.

Our site is here: http://theaeonishere.com/

It's a work In progress. :)

I look forward to being a part of the ongoing discussions here at Gutter Zombie.

Cheers! :)
Infolad1
Fresh Meat

Postby MamboCat » Mon Jun 30, 2014 6:32 am

Hello fellow Zombies!

I'm a 30 year old Brit living in Prague.

I'm here to learn some new tricks, hopefully get some useful critiques and make some new friends. :)
MamboCat
Fresh Meat

Postby skits » Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:19 pm

Hello y'all,

Im an artist. I have worked on a few indie books and anthologies. Was an UI illustrator on a LOTR game for EA. Been an art director for a few companies. I own my own company in another field. Currently working on my first self published book. In the concept stage right now. I am doing two posts a week showing concept sketches charactor turn arounds and all sorts of fun stuff.

Hoping to get some feed back and help out if I can.

skits
Attachments
1501100_268392940007830_6449814570178836174_o.jpg
1501100_268392940007830_6449814570178836174_o.jpg (113.68 KiB) Viewed 7512 times
skits
Fresh Meat

Postby Snibbits » Sat Jul 12, 2014 8:53 am

Hello there, zombies

I´m Héctor, illustrator/aspiring colourist by day, and also by night (because sleeping is for the weak)

Ready to learn and share :)
Snibbits
Fresh Meat

Postby Kevin Learn » Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:24 pm

Hi there Zombies,

My name is Kevin Learn. I am a freelance illustrator and independent graphic novelist. Looking to get feedback on my work.
Kevin Learn
Fresh Meat

Postby labrat » Sat Aug 23, 2014 2:47 am

Hi Everyone,

I'm a writer and i recently became a gutter zombie, because i couldn't afford a colourist or find one who was willing to work for hugs on my comic.
So, i rolled up my sleeves and decided to have a crack at it myself and boy does it suuuuuuuck! :D
labrat
Fresh Meat

Postby JRemy » Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:16 am

Hello,
My name is Jeremy Gonzalez and I pencil, ink and color. I haven't done any published work except for a couple stories in a local anthology book. A Comic Book, for A Comic Shop here in Orlando. I'm currently working on my own comics, "The Man Who Went to War With a Spider" and "Street Lights" which I will kickstart when the first issues are completed. I'd like to do more comic book work, posters and covers. Superman Birthright is probably my most favorite Superman book and McCaig colored on that so now, I'm a gutterzombie.
JRemy
Fresh Meat

Postby Redking84 » Thu Sep 04, 2014 9:31 am

My name is Akau, I want to learn to color like a pro. I pencil and ink too, here is some of my work.

http://wielder.deviantart.com/gallery/
Redking84
Fresh Meat

Postby KeithFinch » Thu Sep 11, 2014 12:07 pm

Hi everyone! My name is Keith Finch and I'm interested in learning more about flatting and possibly doing some work in the field. I've got a BFA...I understand color theory and I've been a working graphic designer for 15+ years. If you'd like to know more, just let me know!
KeithFinch
Fresh Meat

Postby 6uy » Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:43 am

Hi everyone!
new here, wishing to post some drawings as an aspiring artist!
hope to get fun and learn a lot!

thank you!
6uy
Fresh Meat

PreviousNext

Return to Welcome