Hey gang I tried to do a SED replace command to fix it (worked on my site when i tried, so i wasn't worried and stupidly didn't backup.) but I borked something in the process.
ANYWAY, I still have everything and it all works and i'll detail how to fix it here (because sounds like some of you have the same issue.)
Basically Lock down your folder permissions and then run a command that gets rid of the encoded garbage in every... goddamned... php file.
but right now I gotta get back to work. so for the time-being... please bear with the default theme until i get a chance to put stuff back together.
Sorry, i've been asleep at the wheel a bit and didn't catch the thread sooner.
EDIT: or I could just link to someone with a helpful how-to http://danhilltech.tumblr.com/post/1808 ... -dreamhost