Everyone come on in and say hi

New members introduce yourselves. Tell the people what you've done, say "hi", and view forum rules.

Moderators: Zombie Dave McCaig, Reber, Dean Welsh, Scott Johnson

Re: Everyone come on in and say hi

Postby 7thavenue » Thu Jan 28, 2016 4:29 am

I got directed here by a fan of our (my wife Mandy Flores and I) zombie video we made earlier this month for a customer who was looking for a video with a bit more of a sexual slant to it. I've always been a fan of zombie movies, and his idea was a bit different, some of it just didn't fit for zombie purity, but we thought well enough of it to give it a shot. Anyway that's why I'm here n to just let people know who might be interested in it, and to look around for some other ideas we may want to incorporate into the second part. The video and trailer I made had some pretty graphic sex in it so I don't think it would be appropriate to post that here, but if there is a place for it let me know. If you want to see the trailer, and you are 18, you can message me here and I'll give you the link. I'm really curious what opinions may be.

Alright with all that I'm gonna browse for a bit and hope to talk with you guys later!

====================================

Deleted the enormous spammy attachment.

-Eagle
7thavenue
Fresh Meat

Postby CP310 » Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:01 pm

Hello all:

Freelance storyboard artist. Started out assistant inking for Aaron Sowd and Matt banning waaaaay back in the day. Fledgling flatter. Have a good one everybody!
CP310
Fresh Meat

Postby mike » Thu Mar 03, 2016 8:57 am

Hey Guys,
Found out about this place from colorist K. Michael Russel.
I'm a graphic designer that loves Photoshop and have dabbled with comic book coloring as a hobby for myself and friends for the past decade or so. I'm now a stay-at-home dad and am looking to do some freelance coloring (and of course flatting) on the side. Let's see where this takes me...
Thanks for having me and I look forward to collaborating, learning, and conversing with you all!
Mike Raczyla
mike
Fresh Meat

Postby RoisinRed » Mon Mar 07, 2016 7:43 pm

Hello all! I'm new here, as you can probably guess. What's up?
RoisinRed
Fresh Meat

Postby RoisinRed » Mon Mar 07, 2016 7:44 pm

Oh, and I'm a freelance illustrator and comic artist. My stuff can be found here:

Comic:
http://www.invictathewebcomic.com/

Portfolio:
http://roisinred.artstation.com/
RoisinRed
Fresh Meat

Postby reidchancellor » Thu Mar 24, 2016 1:50 pm

Hey, I am new obviously. I have been doing freelance screen printing and art for a long time now but just recently got into digital coloring and that whole thing. Looking to do flatting and color work.

My work can be found here

http://www.reidchancellor.portfoliobox.io/
reidchancellor
Fresh Meat

Postby simonsanda » Fri May 06, 2016 12:59 am

Hi there GutterZombies.

My name is Simon and I run illustration and animation studio based in Slovenia, Europe. We provide illustration and animation services and often we need illustrators and comic artists to hire and colaborate with.

This is our web page:

http://www.sanda.si/

Glad to be here.
simonsanda
Fresh Meat

Postby plpullen » Mon May 16, 2016 5:32 pm

Hello All,

I'm trying to blaze my trail through the Illustration wilderness and having found this site, wielding some flatting skills, I'm hoping to find opportunities to help others and get connected.

Cheers - www.peterpullen.com

Peter
plpullen
Fresh Meat

Postby robo6net » Thu Jun 30, 2016 2:43 pm

was doing a google search for Cicada Hunters and I found this site.

Matt Bahr is my name, I'm a full-time artist, illustrator, and one of the good guys. My bread and butter for the last twenty years has been in the Screenprinting industry. Mostly for sports retail stores. you can go to Dicks or one of the other big chains and see my stuff on the rack. I went to SVA for comic book illustration. Teachers I had were Joe Orlando, Gene Colan, Klaus Janson, Howard Post, Karen Berger, and a few others.
I haven't drawn had anything in the comic book industry published, but....
I've worked on several video games, one of them is Zombie Dodgeball ( free on iTunes)
I've worked as a conceptual artist on several movies.
I have had paintings in galleries.
I've been nominated for an Emmy twice for Art direction for work done on ABC's Monday Night Football.
I was flown to Cali during the week before the Super Bowl, so that I could paint 4 12x15 canvases for the Cam Newton interview as well as the Coldplay interview.

I've done some comic book work, but it was never published.
I moved to NYC at 18 and lived there for 9 years. Was in the Marvel and DC offices a few times, but honestly...I wasn't ready. So I stopped wasting their time and went off and made a career, and a family. I just turned 40 and realized that I'm not totally happy. I haven't been published. So.... I'm putting out a three issue/ graphic novel.

no cheating, no stealing, and no swiping.

www.robo6.net
robo6net
Fresh Meat

Postby rideawave » Mon Jul 11, 2016 4:26 am

Hi guys, I'm a freelance illustrator and web designer from Manchester UK.

Here's my portfolio: http://www.rideawave.co.uk
rideawave
Fresh Meat

Postby EvanRein88 » Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:04 am

Hey guys my name is Evan. New to gutter zombie nice to meet everyone.

I'm a comic book lover, collector, and most recently a comic art agent/rep. I represent a few comic book artists and work with a great podcast threw Wizard World Radio. I look forward to talking with you guys and gals .
EvanRein88
Fresh Meat

Postby fuzzypiglet » Mon Aug 08, 2016 10:52 pm

Hi, My Name is Ian and I'm an old relic living in the North East of England.
Ive been a professional graphic designer for around 28 years and have been a doodler for a very long time.
I was a big comic buyer in the 90's and have been reading/buying comics again for the past couple of years - although now I usually just buy digital comics from Comixology.

As I dont have the skills to be a penciler I've been playing with inking a lot but i think I could really do well at Flatting - 1. because I'm very marginally colour blind and 2. because I have a lot of technical experience with printing/printers.
I think I could also excel at lettering because I have a lot of experience with type, and I enjoy that type of thing.
Basically I know what my limitations are and I also know what kind of work I enjoy.

So I'm here to learn and soak up knowlege, I hope you guys dont mind the odd question or two.

cheers

ian
fuzzypiglet
Fresh Meat

Postby hortah01 » Wed Sep 14, 2016 7:48 am

Hello everyone,

My name is Andrew and Rico told me about this site. I am just starting out with coloring and excited to learn more. So far I can flat alright (although slowly), but coloring is my ambition. Looking forward to talking with you all.
hortah01
Fresh Meat

Postby Carlo At » Sun Oct 30, 2016 12:12 pm

Hi everyone! I’m Carlo, 26, from Italy. I studied traditional art and worked as portrait painter for a while. I’m also very interested in scientific and wildlife illustration. My favorite traditional technique has always been watercolor.
More recently, I started being interested in digital art too, I’m not a professional yet, but I’ve been practicing for a few years now. I’d like to work in the comic industry, I’d be happy to start as flatter while I keep studying and improving .
Ciao!
Carlo
Carlo At
Fresh Meat

Postby manuelnoah » Mon Oct 31, 2016 8:22 am

BOO!
My name is Manuel and I’m a thirty-three year old painter (oil, acrylic, gouache) born and raised in the SF Bay Area who mostly makes abstract paintings. The comic book form is fairly new to me. I’ve only been reading comic books consistently for about five years but I’m finding the form to be increasingly attractive. I find comics to be generous and public in ways that gallery art tends to lack.

My passion is for color. I’m currently addicted to flatting. Lately much of my free time has been spent exercising my flatting skills on b&w comics in my collection drawn by artists that I’m a fan of (Carla Speed Mcneil’s Queen and Country, Moore’s Rachel Rising, Sakai’s Usagi, Gilbert Hernandez's Fatima…).

I’m excited to have found Gutter Zombie--already found some great information searching the forum.

Happy Halloween!
http://manuelangeja.com
manuelnoah
Fresh Meat

PreviousNext

Return to Welcome