Everyone come on in and say hi

New members introduce yourselves. Tell the people what you've done, say "hi", and view forum rules.

Moderators: Zombie Dave McCaig, Reber, Dean Welsh, Scott Johnson

Hi

Postby Rognoll » Wed May 22, 2013 12:03 pm

Hi, I'm Nick and, despite of being a visual arts student, I'm pretty new at all this.
I have worked on a couple of comics, but I really like the coloring job. It's really fulfilling. Anyway, I may post some stuff soon, so I hope to learn a lot and help others to do so too.

cheers!
Rognoll
Fresh Meat

Re: Everyone come on in and say hi

Postby MarissaLouise » Sat May 25, 2013 1:18 pm

Hello. I'm Marissa. I have a really bitchin last name, the pronunciation of which terrifies people causing it to sit around unused. I have ten years of fine arts and illustration under my belt and would like to throw myself at coloring and flatting.

I got my first comic book when I was 7 years old and hanging out at the dime store alone. I was going to spend all my pennies on candy, but a dude handed me a bag of comics. He said he didn't want his kid reading that junk. Lucky for me. I've been hooked ever since. Some of my favorite titles are Elektra: Assassin, Savage Sword of Conan, Haunt of Horror, Weird Science and Tales From the Crypt. Despite my taste and memories of dime stories, I am actually under 60 years old.
MarissaLouise
Fresh Meat

Postby Eagle » Sat May 25, 2013 1:56 pm

Welcome to the gutter, zombies! :D
Eagle
Überzombie

Postby MLaw » Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:27 am

Hi guys,
I'm Mike. I've been working some amateur/small-press sequential art and colors for a while and was recommended to give this place a visit.
I'm 32, currently living in San Diego, and looking for any commissions and other work (paid).

My blog is www.michaellawler.blogspot.com and here is a specific link to sequential stuff that I can share: http://www.michaellawler.blogspot.com/2 ... html#links
MLaw
Fresh Meat

Postby Pat Thompson » Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:31 am

Hi I'm Pat Thompson.

I'm currently a second year student at the Kubert school and fully realise how much I don't know. I'll be lurking for a while and sopping up info and tips before i start posting some stuff and sweetly requesting feedback.

Asides from that Nice to meet you all.
Pat Thompson
Fresh Meat

Postby jay2010 » Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:31 am

Hi Everyone.

Just call me Jay, I'm from Cansas but I'm currently staying for a year or 2 here in kuala, asia.. I'm 22 and been working as a flatter for more than a year now, I also do traditional painting such as oils and acrylics, actually that's my forte.. I'll post some of my painting stuff here soon!

Pleasure to meet you all!
jay2010
Fresh Meat

Postby eternalscrap » Thu Jul 04, 2013 7:17 pm

Hi,

I'm not a gutterzombie...at least I don't think. In fact, I'm not even an artist. I'm a writer. And even worse: an amateur writer at that. I stumbled upon this site looking for an artist. And I joined all ready to post in the "work for hire" section for my first completed script (just a short) when I saw in ALL CAPS (that means its important) no posting for free work. Once again, the pangs of just starting out and being poor. But I figured, "oh well. I can at least make a welcome thread." No harm in that, right? So...hi everyone.
eternalscrap
Fresh Meat

Postby 360bitflatter » Fri Jul 05, 2013 6:31 am

Hi, im Glenn
Nice to be here!!! A comic is my life’s fashion….love to be part of it.. thanx gutterzombie
360bitflatter
Fresh Meat

Postby lora_ine » Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:13 am

Hi there,

I'm Lora, nice to be here. It seems that I can learn a lot from you guys
lora_ine
Fresh Meat

So I'm dumb

Postby Dexterosity » Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:00 pm

Greetings zomblings,

So I tried to register earlier in the week and was having an issue I couldn't seem to figure out. Turns out I'm not the only one as I finally had the good sense to google "gutterzombie registration issues" today.

In mine and others' defense, though, that CAPTCHA at the bottom of the registration page really DOES look like an ad.

Anywho, I'm glad to finally be here as I am an artist who is finally coming back to his passion after several dark years (prob BECAUSE i wasn't creating) of not working at my craft. I found this site because I am currently working through Hi-Fi Color for comics and read Jason Brubaker's blog (http://www.remindblog.com/2009/12/07/ou ... -flatters/) when I was researching flatting on google. I'll post some stuff later on as I continue learning and practicing.

So yeah, thats about it I suppose. Good to be here.
Dexterosity
Fresh Meat

Postby nimesh » Sun Jul 21, 2013 2:42 am

hello all,
my name is Nimesh and i live in Portugal.
im a coloris wannabe and what made me register in this forum was the quality posts and threads that i saw.
i hope to learn as much as i can with everyone and hopefully one day help anyone i can here as well.

ive been practicing some colors if you want to check it in order to have a better sence of my skills at this point. you can see it here:

http://nimprod.deviantart.com/gallery/

also, if you have facebook you can like me here https://www.facebook.com/nimeshmorarjiart

thanks
nimesh
Fresh Meat

Postby paraloopable » Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:49 am

Hi I'm Claudia, I just ended my art studies and now i'm going to skill myself to become a good colorist.
Hope you're all having a great day :)
paraloopable
Fresh Meat

Postby GREENVIO » Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:43 pm

hai everyone...i am a colorist

just e mail me joan_guitar@yahoo.com

thank you
GREENVIO
Fresh Meat

Postby GREENVIO » Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:46 pm

hello again.its really nice to have here.....
im 19 years old
GREENVIO
Fresh Meat

Postby TDX » Sun Sep 15, 2013 6:26 am

Hi, I'm Jeremy Kahn. I'm a graduate of Savannah College of Art and Design. I studied Sequential Art and minored in Creative Writing. Currently I'm working as a freelance colorist.

Previously I've worked as a colorist for Viper Comics, a two page anthology comic for Arcana's steampunk anthology and Warrior InnKeeper Comics. Currently I'm doing a few coloring jobs for Blue Water Productions. On the side I write comic scripts, mostly dealing with children stories.

My dad gave me my first comic when I was sick in bed as a kid. I've been a avid comic fan ever since. Up until high school I wanted to be a Paleontologist, but thanks to my art teacher's support I made the transition to comic artist. I eventually graduated from a local community college and was looking for an art college to transfer to when I read a post from a favorite artist of mine detailing about his time spent at SCAD. Thanks to that post I decided to enroll there. Four years later, here I am.

I look forward to sharing my work with all of you and hopefully working with some of you too.
TDX
Fresh Meat

PreviousNext

Return to Welcome