Everyone come on in and say hi

New members introduce yourselves. Tell the people what you've done, say "hi", and view forum rules.

Moderators: Zombie Dave McCaig, Reber, Dean Welsh, Scott Johnson

Re: Everyone come on in and say hi

Postby ClaySchmidt » Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:26 pm

Hello!

I'm Clayton, illustrator and graphic designer. I've spent the better part of a decade designing brands, building print and web materials, and illustrating/lettering commercial signs. My background is in digital printing and fine art, I've self published one short comic and I'm working on more. Heard gutterzombie had a great community of artists and wanted to check it out, maybe learn from some pros!

I do a lot of freelance work and am always willing to help people out flatting or anything else. check out some of my work at www.claytonschmidt.com and at www.bigalienstudios.com. Sorry if the websites are a little shaky, coding is not my forte, ha!

Looking forward to sharing with everybody!

Clayton
ClaySchmidt
Fresh Meat

Postby Guyra » Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:42 am

Hi!
I'm Guyra, and I enjoy making comics! I'm a 30-something guy who live in Norway, listens to metal, and play weird indie games. I work as a web developer, and have some minor art education.

My history with making comics isn't that long, aside from in years. Well, I've had a couple of short lived webcomic projects earlier, as well as some other random stuff. I've had a 14 page horror short and a 2 page romance thing published through an underground comic publisher in anthologies, plus self published another 37 page long horror comic short. They weren't really good, but they certainly were learning experiences. ;)

Right now I'm working on a webcomic project with a writer friend of mine, which we've been planning for many years. Currently working on the second chapter(which is ten times better than the prologue chapter), and I'm trying to get better at not just layout, sketching, and inking, but also colouring and lettering!

So here I am, hoping to get feedback and pick up some tricks along the way, so my comics will become
Guyra
Fresh Meat

Postby Buttonpress1 » Sun Feb 26, 2017 1:11 am

Hi from Dublin Ireland
Jason Browne here , artist at buttonpresspublicatiins.com
Ireland's all ages Superhero comics books .
Buttonpress1
Fresh Meat

Postby Angelo » Tue May 09, 2017 10:51 am

Hello,

My name is Angelo Tirotto, I am the creator/writer of Image Comics horror book, No Place Like Home, the upcoming Manwolfs comics and a few other things yet to be announced.
I stumbled across these message board and thought it look like a cool place to hang out.

I love writing comic books, lettering and graphic design.

Feel free to ask me anything and if you have a project that needs writing, editing, lettering or graphic design I am available to take on work too.

See you guys soon,

Angelo

www.noonemournsthewicked.com
Angelo
Fresh Meat

MY NAME IS HORACE!! (okay not really . . .)

Postby malcolmjdrake73 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:09 pm

Hello everyone,

My name is Jess Drake, I am a media arts teacher (graphic design, digital photography and video production). I have been an artist ever since I can remember. For about a year I have been learning, and practicing, digital coloring and digital inking when I can. I have joined this group hoping to get some feedback from others who have more talent and experience in these areas so I can improve from their constructive criticism. Eventually, I would like to collaborate on projects, build up a portfolio of work and find employment in the future.

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Jess
malcolmjdrake73
Fresh Meat

Postby zombiewantbrains » Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:01 pm

Hi my name is eric hahn and I love zombie walks!
zombiewantbrains
Fresh Meat

Postby markdrawspictures » Tue Aug 29, 2017 4:57 am

Hi there, my name is Mark and I'm from South Africa. I'm looking to increase my skills, I mainly illustrate but would like to do flatting and colouring too.
markdrawspictures
Fresh Meat

Postby NightlifeColors » Sat Sep 02, 2017 2:25 pm

Hey there, Everyone!

My name is Phil Montgomery and, besides being a fellow lover of comics/creativity, I am a writer, but have recently picked up honing my Coloring and Lettering skills to broaden my skill-set and make me a more useful (hopefully) and well-rounded creator & collaborator.

I haven't had anything published, so I hesitate to call myself a professional, but I hope to learn and grow from the tips and techniques posted here, as well as your critiques, and hopefully get to call myself a legitimate colleague one day.
NightlifeColors
Fresh Meat

Hey Hey Hey

Postby amillustrator » Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:36 am

Hey y'all! I'm Anthony. I write, pencil, ink, and color comics. I'm working on a creator owned project and looking to break into the industry.

Don't be shy. Come say hi!
amillustrator
Fresh Meat

Postby Curtis Allen » Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:08 am

Hi there, I'm Curt.

I've been drawing for about the last 30 years, since I was a nipper copying my favourite Superman comic strips.

More recently, I've been doing bits and pieces of illustration by commission and selling art through my website (www.curtisallen.co.uk) and my Etsy shop (www.etsy.com/uk/shop/CurtisAllenArtist), including my own ranges of illustrated greeting cards.

Even more recently, I've been wanting to start creating my own comic, but am also eager to get tips and help in this forum, and to also find some jobs and work here.

How's everyone else? :)
Curtis Allen
Fresh Meat

Previous

Return to Welcome