Need Crits ASAP!!!

WIPs, finished stuff, it's all good. Anything posted is open for crits unless otherwise stated.

Moderators: Zombie Dave McCaig, Reber, Laura, Dean Welsh, Scott Johnson

Need Crits ASAP!!!

Postby Gravence » Thu Sep 04, 2003 7:08 am

Hey this is one simple question anyone can reply to... Does this drawing look like the girl? Be honest she's seeing it today and my eyes are so use to the image by now I can't tell. Thank you....please reply(on knees).

Gravence
grand zombie

Postby WhoIsRico » Thu Sep 04, 2003 7:16 am

i think it's a decent likeness. her eyes look a bit more slanty in your drawing than in the photo.
-rico
"I had a nickname for you! You wanna know what it was? I'm not going to tell you. All right, it was "Laser."
-Cool Ethan
WhoIsRico
Überzombie

Postby Sweeney » Thu Sep 04, 2003 7:46 am

The face is a good likeness, but as WIR said the eyes are a bit off - the need to be a bit taller, and slightly more rounded.

The hands are really flat - they need shadows to bump up the foreshortening, especially her left (our right) hand, otherwise her fingers look way too short, like a birth defect. Add dark shadows at the knuckles where they bend (check out the photo and you'll see what I mean.

Also, you're missing the Engagement/Wedding Ring on her left (our right) hand.

Good job overall!
Sweeney
The Punisher

Postby Laura » Thu Sep 04, 2003 8:00 am

Yeah, what they said. I also wouldn't recommend the dark shadow down the length of her left forearm. In the photo, the arm is highlit all the way down, but with the way it's shaded in the drawing, it looks like she's got two arm-muscles instead of one smooth cylindrical shape.

Otherwise, it's good.

-- Laura
Laura
Crazy cat lady

Postby Gravence » Thu Sep 04, 2003 8:06 am

THANKYOU!!!!! I knew it had something to do with her eye...I blame it on my mind trying to draw what I am used to but not what is correct... my brain feels fried. I wish my eyes wouldn't feel so tired... thanks for lending your eyes to a friend.
Gravence
grand zombie

Postby Scott Johnson » Thu Sep 04, 2003 8:10 am

If you really want nitpicking...you made the back of her neck too thick behind the jawbone.

And you forgot all the stains on her shirt. :) Good likeness, though.
Scott Johnson
Lurker Admin

Postby Gravence » Thu Sep 04, 2003 8:19 am

she told me not to draw the stains I kinda like them adds character. Trying to fix the neck right now...
Gravence
grand zombie

Postby tedbragg » Thu Sep 04, 2003 9:01 am

T-shirt Trivia:

"H-E-B" = Hurst - Euless - Bedford

Three cloes-knit towns sandwiched between Ft. Worth and Dallas.
tedbragg
Picked Clean

Postby chadf » Thu Sep 04, 2003 9:07 am

Everyone's pretty much said what needs to be done.
I just wanted to compliment you on the shading on her face.

Very well done!
-chad
chadf