Dragon colors.

WIPs, finished stuff, it's all good. Anything posted is open for crits unless otherwise stated.

Moderators: Zombie Dave McCaig, Reber, Laura, Dean Welsh, Scott Johnson

Dragon colors.

Postby BliX » Fri Aug 15, 2003 12:24 pm

This is/was going to be the cover to Yin Yang #3, I dont know if they are still going to use it it. Colors by me art is by Nar. Any comments?

I didnt draw it! I colored it!
BliX
Fresh Meat

Postby ChrisCox » Fri Aug 15, 2003 12:55 pm

The dragon's hand is almost invisible against the body - it needs some visible separation. That's part of a more general problem - no feeling of depth. It looks like most of the dragon is on the same plane as the lady.

The hilights on the jeans are also kind of flat - not indicating the orientation of the legs.

But it's a great start.
ChrisCox
Überzombie

heya

Postby SeanE » Sat Aug 16, 2003 6:39 am

hey there i'm working on that pic as well.

My dragon is a bronze colour and blends into a paler version of that colour for the smoke at her feet.

You have given me a solution for that dumb (IMO) yin-yang tattoo on her face though so kudos to you for that one. :)

I see you also ignored the bit of wall off to the left as well...me too. It was out of place in the rest of the pic. As for the dragon hand - yes I'm having hassles with that as well.

cheers
Sean
SeanE
I want the line art for that

Postby BliX » Sat Aug 16, 2003 9:09 am

Thanks for looking guys, Im going to try to add a second light source to the picture, maybe it will add some depth. :shock:
I didnt draw it! I colored it!
BliX
Fresh Meat

Return to Public Gallery