Supremly Powerful Preview

WIPs, finished stuff, it's all good. Anything posted is open for crits unless otherwise stated.

Moderators: Zombie Dave McCaig, Reber, Laura, Dean Welsh, Scott Johnson

Postby ChrisCox » Mon Aug 04, 2003 1:30 pm

.....can't.... see.... blinded..... by..... lens..... flare..... Aaaahhrrrrggggh!

Other than that - it looks good.

Nice job mimicing laser speckle. (although laser sights were almost unknown in the Carter era, because laser diodes hadn't become available yet).

Somehow, I would have expected the presidiential panels to be a little less warm and fuzzy.
ChrisCox
Überzombie

Postby Reber » Mon Aug 04, 2003 1:40 pm

Yea, the lensflares bug me too, but that's just cause I despise the default ones. Here is a good tut on how to "manage" them better. http://www.guerillapixel.com/pages/digi ... e_main.htm
Reber
What the hell is my avatar DOING?

Postby Dean Welsh » Mon Aug 04, 2003 1:48 pm

ChrisCox wrote:Nice job mimicing laser speckle. (although laser sights were almost unknown in the Carter era, because laser diodes hadn't become available yet).

That's just what they want you to think. I suppose you expect me to believe they Didn't actually find an alien baby too?

-Dean
John Rauch wrote:I think it's time to change your signature.
Dean Welsh
Magical Cowboy
Magical Cowboy

Postby Seed » Mon Aug 04, 2003 1:51 pm

Lol that's what i wanted to say :D

Hm reber honestly i think that the lens flares in this tut are even more ugly :D (no offend)

Bye
Seed
Seed
Überzombie

Postby Soto » Tue Aug 05, 2003 2:33 pm

Buy Supreme Power, on sale tomorrow at your local comic shop.
Call 1-888-COMICBOOK for a comic store near you.

shamelesss plug.
:)

-Soto
Soto
The Food Themed Man

Postby Soto » Thu Aug 28, 2003 1:30 pm

Hey, guys.
I just stumbled on this link to Supreme Power.
If you haven't had a chance to read #1, you can check it out here.
The visuals are a bit edited for content (PG), so no worries.

-Soto
Soto
The Food Themed Man

Postby Laura » Thu Aug 28, 2003 5:34 pm

ChrisCox wrote:(although laser sights were almost unknown in the Carter era, because laser diodes hadn't become available yet).

I did not read that word as "diodes" the first time. :oops:

My first reaction was, "They have laser-sighted ones now?!"

Sorry...sorry....

-- Guttermind
Laura
Crazy cat lady

Postby Laura » Thu Aug 28, 2003 5:44 pm

Hey Soto, I read the whole thing, and remembered seeing sample pages on here before. The whole thing turned out really nice. Love the George Bush Sr. And that scene with the puppy...well, that's just messed up.

-- Laura
Laura
Crazy cat lady

Postby Joel Micah Harris » Thu Aug 28, 2003 6:14 pm

Laura wrote:
ChrisCox wrote:(although laser sights were almost unknown in the Carter era, because laser diodes hadn't become available yet).

I did not read that word as "diodes" the first time. :oops:

My first reaction was, "They have laser-sighted ones now?!"

Sorry...sorry....

-- Guttermind

LOL. <--- usually stay away from that, as it's usually just an untrue nicety. Not this time, though! It took my innocent mind a full 2 seconds to realize what you were thinking. That's kind of a funny visual...

(oh, and so as to not totally stray from the thread topic, Soto- I enjoy your work on Supreme Power, as well as most of the other books you've been working on lately. By the way, Soto, were you asked to be back onboard Empire when it was relaunched? I'm assuming yes, and that you were too busy to take it).
Joel Micah Harris
Überzombie

Postby Soto » Thu Aug 28, 2003 7:28 pm

Okay, now that you guys git your minds out of the gutters... Oh, wait...Gutterzombies! Now it makes perfect sense.

Anywho...
Glad you liked the book. That poor puppy. He never even had a chance.
I still haven't seen it printed yet. Deadlines have kept me from going to the shop, and I never seem to get comps until about a month after the book comes out.

Joel-
Since you asked about Empire, the long and short of it is this.
I had a lot of conversations with Mark and Barry about returning with them and we were pretty much a "go". DC took a really long time to get back to me about some of my concerns (production, schedueling and rates were the main topics). After a couple of conversations with the editor we ironed out every point except for one (can you guess which?) and I was told that DC had some flexibility when it came to the budget for writting or artwork, but not for coloring/production. Usually something like this isn't a big sticking point, but I have a ton of medical bills that have piled up on me over the last year, and I can't afford to not take care of them, and I just coudn't afford to take such a huge cut. Add that to the insult of not being considered part of the "art team" and it didn't turn out very well. (The "official" response is that my current schedule couldn't sustain Empire and the other books I work on.)
The day after my dealings with DC fell through with Empire, I landed Supreme Power, so all's well that ends well.

-Soto
Soto
The Food Themed Man

Postby Joel Micah Harris » Fri Aug 29, 2003 6:10 am

Ah yes. We are considered "production" or even post-production, which does hurt...I've been through that, although not on a larger scale like yourself. I hope that will change soon. I think it's an editorial/powers-that-be thing, as most writers, pencilers and inkers seem to be loyal to their colorists. Thankfully, ones I've worked with are extremely loyal to me.

Good luck with the personal as well as professional. :)
Joel Micah Harris
Überzombie

Previous

Return to Public Gallery