Hulk

WIPs, finished stuff, it's all good. Anything posted is open for crits unless otherwise stated.

Moderators: Zombie Dave McCaig, Reber, Laura, Dean Welsh, Scott Johnson

Hulk

Postby king » Sat Dec 10, 2005 3:34 am

colored this one for fun.

Dale Keown already did a lot with the lineart.
king
Zombie

Postby Slender » Sat Dec 10, 2005 11:59 am

Wow, this looks really great nice colours. I have one suggestion, if you brighten up the the rubble in the foreground the pic, should get a little more depth...great work.

-Slender
Slender
Fresh Meat

Postby yerffej » Sat Dec 10, 2005 3:52 pm

Very nice,very clean.
yerffej
Fresh Meat

Postby Nathan » Sat Dec 10, 2005 9:45 pm

I agree. Nice, clean colors. You should separate the rubble from the wall, though. Throw a blue shadow on the rubble or something to cool it down. I also wouldn't mind seeing some of that bright purple from his pants bouncing back on the underside of his forearms and such. Good job, anyways.
Nathan
this guy knows to do all outstanding

Postby SNAKEBITE » Sun Dec 11, 2005 4:15 pm

very perty! I agree its really clean...maybe dirty it up a lil. some more variations of tone in the wall and rubble. like stains...or maybe add another light source to Hulk. doesn't have to be that extreme light source or too saturated. maybe darken his lower legs(skin)

over all its very nicely executed. just looks unfinsihed. like theres on missing step to the lighting.
SNAKEBITE
SSSsssss!

Postby John Rauch » Sun Dec 11, 2005 10:23 pm

Very nice rendering. I hope you don't mind, but I did a little paintover to show some things I thought could help the lighting, etc.

John Rauch
Huffer of light

Postby SNAKEBITE » Mon Dec 12, 2005 12:45 am

nice energy, Eraser!
I do think theres some conflicting saturation and contrast with the bg and Hulk. but I love how it goes dark on the bottom and how you pumped the contrast on hulk. ferce!
SNAKEBITE
SSSsssss!

Postby j_whyte » Mon Dec 12, 2005 6:01 am

That paintover looks great.

i do like the original, but my problem is that it doesn't feel 'real' because each color is so separate. There are 5 or so different precise colours. All of his skin is the same green. All the rubble is the same gray.

Where as in real life, the lighting would cause much more variation in the hues. Just because his skin is green, it doesn't always need to be painted as such.
The rendering is fantastic though.
j_whyte
grand zombie

Postby king » Mon Dec 12, 2005 1:15 pm

yes. i agree with everyone. and the paint over really did opened my eyes. that inspired me.
king
Zombie

Postby king » Mon Dec 12, 2005 1:17 pm

i'll keep the eraserx's paint over.
king
Zombie

Postby Nathan » Mon Dec 12, 2005 2:26 pm

I'm sure this is not your meaning -- it's probably just an ESL mistake -- but when you write "I'll keep ... Eraser X's paintover" it sounds like you mean you'll keep it as your own -- i.e., you'll use John's version in future and present it as your own work, which would of course be wrong. To be clear, paintovers are really just done as helpful guides for your own revision of a work. Again, I'm sure I'm needlessly arguing over semantics, but I just thought it needed to be said.
Nathan
this guy knows to do all outstanding

Return to Public Gallery