ar that whatever happens on the

WIPs, finished stuff, it's all good. Anything posted is open for crits unless otherwise stated.

Moderators: Zombie Dave McCaig, Reber, Laura, Dean Welsh, Scott Johnson

ar that whatever happens on the

Postby huangjian123 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:44 pm

ENGLEWOOD Matt Bryant Jersey , Colo. (AP) — John Elway’s much-celebrated 2018 draft class is turning heads at the Broncos‘ training camp, particularly ex-SMU receiver Courtland Sutton, a second-round pick whose spectacular catches have become a daily occurrence.

Big applauses also greet draft picks Bradley Chubb, Josey Jewell and DaeSean Hamilton along with another rookie who went undrafted.

Phillip Lindsay , a 5-foot-8, 180-pound running back who was born in Denver, grew up in adjacent Aurora, attended Denver South High School and the University of Colorado and is drawing praises from coaches and teammates.

“No. 2 has shown explosion,” coach Vance Joseph said, referring to the rookie by his jersey number.

“He’s a shifty little back,” said linebacker Todd Davis. “He can definitely make people miss.”

“We’re definitely going to have some things planned for Phillip,” predicted Von Miller, who sees Lindsay carving a niche in a diverse backfield that includes veteran Devontae Booker, second-year speedster De’Angelo Henderson and rookie draft picks Royce Freeman of Oregon and David Williams of Arkansas.

Lindsay is leading the way in plays that draw reactions from the crowd.

“Guys like that in the league Rex Burkhead Jersey , you just can’t cover them,” Miller said. “They’re just assets to the offense. You have to have a back like that and we definitely have one.”

Uninvited to the NFL combine and bypassed on draft weekend, Lindsay signed a contract with his hometown team that would pay him $480,000 this season and included a $15,000 signing bonus.

By comparison, Freeman’s signing bonus was $997,020 and Williams’ was $93,900.

A Colorado alum himself, Joseph was no stranger to Lindsay’s talents.

“It’s hard to believe he didn’t go to the combine,” Joseph said. “Obviously he’s a Buff, so I’ve watched Phillip for three years as a starter in a major conference. He was a great player. We were all surprised he didn’t go to the combine, and obviously signing him as a free agent was tough because we drafted two backs. We pursued him heavy and he stayed home.”

Lindsay’s college coach, Mike MacIntyre, said he has no doubt his former pupil will make it in the NFL because of his versatility K.J. Wright Jersey , tenacity and willingness to make the most of any morsel of playing time he gets.

“In college he covered kicks, returned kicks, he could play on all four big phases,” MacIntyre said. “And then he’s a guy that can catch the ball really well, so he could be a third-down back. He’s a guy that could block well, could run well, so when you take him to the game, even if he doesn’t play a lot of running back early, he’s going to play a lot of plays for you. So he’s valuable for you as a coaching staff and a team.

“He’ll be the special team coaches’ dream, I promise you that.”

MacIntyre got that right.

“I love Phillip,” Broncos special teams coordinator Tom McMahon declared. “Phillip works his butt off.”

He garnered the nickname “Tasmanian Devil” in college because of the frenetic energy he brings to the team as the undersized underdog he’s been all his life.

“I always bring a chip on my shoulder, not because I’m mad but because I know what I have to do,” Lindsay said. “For me, I’m a running back that’s 5-8 and 190 pounds and I have to go and get my respect for the NFL now.”

It’s nothing new.

“I mean Mitch Morse Jersey , since when have I not been the underdog?” Lindsay said.

NOTES: In honor of owner Pat Bowlen and his wife, Annabel, both of whom are fighting Alzheimer’s, the Broncos handed out purple towels to their fans and wore purple-and-gray T-shirts Saturday to raise funds and awareness of the disease. … The Broncos will hold a 45-play scrimmage Sunday.

Mike Vrabel can't remember a game where he didn't have butterflies in his stomach before kickoff. As a linebacker over 14 seasons, he could get rid of them with a crunching tackle.

He won't have that luxury Sunday in Miami making his NFL regular season head coaching debut with the Tennessee Titans.

"I don't think I'll need any hits from the team," Vrabel said Thursday. "We all just stay composed and do our jobs. That's the most important thing."

Not much is expected from the Titans this season with the coaching change despite Tennessee winning its first playoff game in 14 years with back-to-back 9-7 seasons . Vrabel has three Super Bowl rings as a linebacker with New England , and the coach who frequently picks up a blocking pad and works with the Titans in practices has made it very clear what he wants.

Three-time Pro Bowl tight end Delanie Walker said Vrabel doesn't care what people say outside of the locker room or about Tennessee's winless preseason. Vrabel's focus has been preparing the Titans for the regular season, and Walker said the coach has been tough on them.

"He's the type of guy he challenges you every day with questions asking you, 'What's the defensive players' names? What's their numbers?' And I think that's just to see how we've been preparing," Walker said. "I'm excited to see how he is when we get down there in Miami and get the game started."

Defensive lineman Jurrell Casey, another defensive lineman, thinks Vrabel's attitude of pushing everyone will help the Titans achieve more. Casey sees Vrabel creating a mindset that everyone has to bring more. Even on the practice field, the Titans are expected to jog between drills with Vrabel usually leading the way.

"That's what I love about him," Casey said. "He's expecting a lot from everybody. The stars Aaron Rodgers Jersey , he's expecting more, and the young guy he's expecting you to rise up and become stars."

The Titans currently have a five-game winning streak in their first road game of the season, which started in 2013 with Mike Munchak.Ken Whisenhunt and Mike Mularkey kept that streak alive, wins that didn't deliver nearly enough to keep either man around very long.

Now it's Vrabel's turn with the Titans gambling that the man long pegged as the next surefire success as an NFL head coach succeeds in Tennessee. Defensive coordinator Dean Pees, who came out of a short retirement to come to Tennessee, says Vrabel has been a professional as a player, assistant and coordinator. He expects nothing less now Vrabel is a head coach.

Nerves are part of the job even for experienced coaches like himself, according to Pees who's going into his 46th NFL season.

"If you haven't got a little something churning in your stomach, I think it's probably something wrong with you," Pees said. "You're not very competitive. So it's going to be exciting for him, and I'm excited to watch him too."

A handful of Titans made clear that whatever happens on the field falls on their shoulders.

Walker said Vrabel and the assistants he brought in have been great, but they can only put the Titans in position to execute. Veteran linebacker Wesley Woodyard said the players can help minimize any growing pains by winning on game day for a man who played for a great coach in New England's Bill Belichick.

"It seems like he's a little bit more experienced than a first-time head coach," Woodyard said.

NOTES: Rookie LB Harold Landry (ankle) did not practice Thursday after being limited Wednesday. S Kendrick Lewis (foot) missed a second straight practice. RT Jack Conklin (left knee) and LB Rashaan Evans (hamstring) were limited. LB Derrick Morgan (knee) practiced fully after being limited Wednesday.

Follow Teresa M. Walker at teresamwalker

Jevon Carter Jersey
huangjian123
Überzombie

Re: ar that whatever happens on the

Postby wuhuilin11 » Thu Nov 22, 2018 6:56 pm

uggs for men
christian louboutin
goyard tote
jordan 11 retro
polo ralph lauren
supreme shirt