METAL LOCUS (Updated with PIC)

WIPs, finished stuff, it's all good. Anything posted is open for crits unless otherwise stated.

Moderators: Zombie Dave McCaig, Reber, Laura, Dean Welsh, Scott Johnson

METAL LOCUS (Updated with PIC)

Postby jmringuet » Thu Nov 17, 2005 10:53 pm

I can now say that I am officially the color artist for Metal Locus the new hot title from ATP Comics and Speakeasy. I'll be doing interiors and covers as well. You can see a preview of cover #2 here:

I am really happy to work on a 'cyberpunk' title, a genre I loved for quite some time, and for ATP, one of the coolest and hotest (yeah at the same time) studios around. The first Metal Locus book should be out early next year.

On to work on cover for issue 1.
Last edited by jmringuet on Tue Nov 22, 2005 6:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
jmringuet
Zombie

Postby Kojo » Sat Nov 19, 2005 1:25 am

You have got a great natural look to your textures and brushes that I struggle to achieve. Excellent work! Looking forward to seeing more.
Kojo
Zombie

Postby jmringuet » Sun Nov 20, 2005 9:14 am

Thanks Kojo.

I worked really hard on making it look like real brushwork as opposed to digital which I think is original for a comic book: it seems nore people go for a very smooth colder look. I'm still experimenting a lot with textures but I feel it starts looking a little better. For me textures make the image look realistic.
jmringuet
Zombie

Postby jmringuet » Mon Nov 21, 2005 7:33 pm

Hmm I was hoping for more reactions....
jmringuet
Zombie

Postby Scott Johnson » Mon Nov 21, 2005 8:13 pm

Hi JM. Congrats on the coloring gig! You may get more comments if you post the image here, rather than linking to another site. A lot of us have short attention spans. :)
Scott Johnson
Lurker Admin

Postby Sixter » Mon Nov 21, 2005 8:25 pm

Scott, is that why some use quotes when they are commenting on a thead so that... um, what were we talking about?

I like the textures and colors you used, and yes, congrats on picking up the work.
Oh, goodness. Look at my wrist. I gotta go.
Sixter
Überzombie

Postby jmringuet » Tue Nov 22, 2005 6:32 am

Now with a pic! That should make it better for people who don't want to click ;)

Just finished Cover for issue #1 but can't show it just yet. I'm starting next on the interior.

For more info on the title: http://www.acrossthepondcomics.com

8)
jmringuet
Zombie

Return to Public Gallery