I'm new!!

WIPs, finished stuff, it's all good. Anything posted is open for crits unless otherwise stated.

Moderators: Zombie Dave McCaig, Reber, Laura, Dean Welsh, Scott Johnson

I'm new!!

Postby npaniry » Mon Nov 01, 2004 3:08 am

Hi guys I'm new to this site but I love some of the art posted. Just wanted to put some stuff I did up here and get a few opinions on it. Some background on me; I am a freelance storyboardist/Character designer for Disney although I have done some comic work. Below is the strip that I won for the month of March in Strip search, plus other stuff. I'd like to hear some opinions cause I have been drawing the "disney" way for so long that I would like to do more stuff of this style. Anyway, thanks again!
mailto:npaniry@yahoo.com

npaniry
Fresh Meat

Postby chrisc » Mon Nov 01, 2004 11:55 am

I like your figures and their expressions, also the elegant ink line. The buildings though, seem a little awkward in comparison. The characters look influenced by a European comic art style (like the Triplets of Belleville), but the buildings have a klunkier graffiti style feeling to them. They seem to be working at odds to each other.

Also, in panel 4, the f/g wall with the spider web should have the same black silhouette as the figure in the f/g.

I do like the way your heading. It seems like you're still tweaking the language of your style though.
chrisc
Überzombie

Postby Steve Firchow » Mon Nov 01, 2004 9:32 pm

Fun stuff, Nir! It would be interesting to see in color.
Steve Firchow
Überzombie

Return to Public Gallery