Art for Stained Glass Window

WIPs, finished stuff, it's all good. Anything posted is open for crits unless otherwise stated.

Moderators: Zombie Dave McCaig, Reber, Laura, Dean Welsh, Scott Johnson

Art for Stained Glass Window

Postby Scott Johnson » Tue Oct 26, 2004 12:18 am

This is a private commission from somebody who is making a custom stained glass window for his home. He was very specific in describing the scene, so I suspect it has a very personal meaning for him.
It's a different style for me. I'm used to spotting blacks and doing a lot of feathering and crosshatching. Doing this open line approach forced me to think more in terms of contours and shapes.
I retained the copyright and original artwork, so if anyone wants to try and color it for fun, I can email you the hi-res version.

Last edited by Scott Johnson on Tue Oct 26, 2004 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Scott Johnson
Lurker Admin

Postby Reber » Tue Oct 26, 2004 12:41 am

Wow! See if you can get a picture of the final stained glass when it's done. My girlfriend likes do that for a hobby, and this pic just looks waaaay complicated to do. Mostly the clouds. I imagine they'll have to take alot of liberty with it.
Reber
What the hell is my avatar DOING?

Postby tedbragg » Tue Oct 26, 2004 8:17 am

You'd be amazed what can be done with an anarouter/anablaster. Sign shops use them to cut wood, foam and glass, and for etching glass, too.

Wonderful picture. Nice work Scott.
tedbragg
Picked Clean

Postby Sweeney » Tue Oct 26, 2004 8:21 am

Very nice work Scott - you have really nice variety in your inking styles.

I too would love to see the final stained glass window.
Sweeney
The Punisher

Postby Scott Johnson » Tue Oct 26, 2004 5:29 pm

Thanks guys. He said he'll send me a picture when he's finished. I'm interested in seeing how it translates.
It was fun working with my brush and crowquill again. I spend too much time doing computer art these days.
Scott Johnson
Lurker Admin

Return to Public Gallery