Thunderstrike

WIPs, finished stuff, it's all good. Anything posted is open for crits unless otherwise stated.

Moderators: Zombie Dave McCaig, Reber, Laura, Dean Welsh, Scott Johnson

Thunderstrike

Postby Robert » Sat Oct 23, 2004 11:30 am

Digital painting of an unpublished (?) cover to Thunderstrike. Original pencils by Rags Morales.

Comments and critiques appreciated!

Robert

Robert
Überzombie

Postby Scott Johnson » Sat Oct 23, 2004 12:38 pm

Hey Robert, it's good to have you posting artwork again! This is really good. It may be just a difference in our monitor settings, but my first impression was that everything looked a bit washed out. I went around quickly adjusting brightness/contrast and saturation to certain areas. (I also added a little color to War Machine.) I was just trying to add a little more "zip" to what you already had. It's a really rough overpaint, and I probably went to far on the contrast of She Hulk and Thunderstrike's skin. So take what you like and ignore what you don't.

Scott Johnson
Lurker Admin

Postby Robert » Sat Oct 23, 2004 10:53 pm

Thanks for the feedback, Scott! Yeah, you're not the first person to mention that my pics sometime seem washed out... I've readjusted my monitor settings several times, but never seem to quite get it right. I will play with the pic's levels some more and get it closer to your version.

Also, good point about the fire reflections on War Machine (and the car)... looks much better!

Thanks again :)

Robert
Robert
Überzombie

Postby Robert » Wed Oct 27, 2004 9:32 am

Just a quick update. I upped the levels and added more reflections from the fire. Still a bunch of little things I want to fix (like She-Hulk's hair), but will probably wait until I have a fresher eye.

Robert

Robert
Überzombie

Postby Scott Johnson » Wed Oct 27, 2004 6:45 pm

I like it! I especially like the color you added to War Machine.
Scott Johnson
Lurker Admin

Return to Public Gallery