FF page--Sue in the pool

WIPs, finished stuff, it's all good. Anything posted is open for crits unless otherwise stated.

Moderators: Zombie Dave McCaig, Reber, Laura, Dean Welsh, Scott Johnson

FF page--Sue in the pool

Postby Fury » Mon Oct 18, 2004 11:18 am

took a try at this page since i haven't seen this one done yet. the first sequential page i've tried my hand at. made a couple new custom brushes for it, but did i go too far overboard?

Fury
Zombie

Postby WhoIsRico » Mon Oct 18, 2004 1:21 pm

that last panel is pretty neat, nice "pool lighting" effect on the wall. sue's arms looks like they're made of ice in the big splash (no pun intended) area. i forget what morry did with her head in the third panel but i don't remember it being that wonky, that's a toughy. it's a tiny thing but i think that green behind sue in panel 3 is drawing too much attention. nice job!
-rico
"I had a nickname for you! You wanna know what it was? I'm not going to tell you. All right, it was "Laser."
-Cool Ethan
WhoIsRico
Überzombie

Postby Reber » Mon Oct 18, 2004 2:35 pm

It's hard to tell from the page and it may or may not make any difference to you, but the very last panel is from a different scene. Reed is being held up at a bank I believe.

It's hard to tell what you are trying to do with the first panel. Are you trying to make her invisible? Her hair and lips being a true color is really throwing off the effect if so.
Reber
What the hell is my avatar DOING?

Postby Fury » Tue Oct 19, 2004 9:06 pm

Thanks Rico and Reber.
Once I downloaded the fullsize page of the art, I realized the last panel probably wasn't in the same place as Sue. Since most pools don't have advertise for lower mortgage rates ;). But the whole reason i tried to color this page was to try the reflective lighting from the pool on the walls. so i figured 'ah well, can't hurt to fool around'.
I messed around with the page a little more and changed some of the colors in spots. most noticeably in the first panel. Does this works better? seems a little too boring to me now tho...(oh, and i wasn't assuming she was trying to be invisible, but maybe i should have colored her hair and lips blue then?)
and tried tweaking the shadows on the third panel under her chin, but the lips seem off a bit, not in line with the rest of her face :? oh well, thanks for the input guys! :)
Fury
Zombie

Return to Public Gallery