Fantastic Four #2

WIPs, finished stuff, it's all good. Anything posted is open for crits unless otherwise stated.

Moderators: Zombie Dave McCaig, Reber, Laura, Dean Welsh, Scott Johnson

Fantastic Four #2

Postby Robert » Mon Oct 11, 2004 1:11 pm

Another page from the same issue. Same style. Comments and critiques appreciated. :)

Robert

Robert
Überzombie

Pimp My Page

Postby Scott Cohn » Mon Oct 25, 2004 1:12 am

hey! i took some liberties. i hope you don't mind. i felt that while you did a great job here, a lot of your levels were the same. if you converted your page to grayscale, a lot of tones match. these were my changes and why:

WHOLE PAGE: darkened it a bit. i read in a previous post that your work looked washed out, and felt that was also the case here.

PNL1: darkened previous room to help sue pop from the bg. her blue and that warm grey were too similar.

PNL2:too many similar tones again. i darked the 2 walls a bit to frame in the action. also darkened the floor a bit to help ben pop and added a glow to johnny's flame

PNL3: greened up the back wall where alicia (?) is to help pop the colors of the characters. the grey looked to desaturated and wasn't playing well off the other colors. also darkened the wall sue was next to. again, her blue and that green were too similar in tone. even darkened lighter shape on that wall (with the pink light) so it wasn't so distracting and still played into helping sue pop. it also helps to add depth between the 2 rooms.

i tried to keep your basic palette as much as possible because i do like your color choices, i just think you need to add more variety. there's barely any black on the page. therefore it's your job to add depth. when you're done a page, really look at it and think if you've pushed it enough. even make a copy and mess with it.

hope this helps!

Scott Cohn
EXPLOSIVE-D

Postby Robert » Wed Oct 27, 2004 9:40 am

Thanks again, Scott. Yeah, after seeing your version, I agree with you about darkening certain planes of the background... as you said, it does help frame the action up much better.

Robert
Robert
Überzombie

Return to Public Gallery