Hunter Killer

WIPs, finished stuff, it's all good. Anything posted is open for crits unless otherwise stated.

Moderators: Zombie Dave McCaig, Reber, Laura, Dean Welsh, Scott Johnson

Hunter Killer

Postby SeanE » Thu Oct 07, 2004 10:12 pm

Pencils: Marc Silvestri, inks - Joe Weems, colour = me!

Steve Firchow sent me the B&W picture of this for me to work on. (...isn't he a nice guy!!? - you can get the B&W on my website now btw...) Anyway, I was going for a 'metallic' look to the colours this time and also trying to work out how to blend two colours like on the front guys legs. Seems to have worked ok. I tried for a different background style similar to the original but suffice to say, it sucked, so just did this simply star-thingy.

Comments welcome as always

Sean
http://www.seanellery.com

I colour stuff...
SeanE
I want the line art for that

Postby Zombie Dave McCaig » Thu Oct 07, 2004 11:12 pm

Not a fan of the lineart. Not crazy about the gold of the FG character and BG face being the same. Also, green head in BG should be less saturated than FG figures.

LOVE the colorful burst behind everything. I like the colors on that guy's pants, too.
Prepare the mental-bleach solution of two parts whiskey to two parts whisky.
Zombie Dave McCaig
Clownshoes
Clownshoes

Postby fgdcolor » Fri Oct 08, 2004 7:23 am

my suggestion is to not ape what steve is doing on his rendering and take it in another direction of your own. steve will tell you the same. having worked with him for a number of years, i can say this with certainty. just try experimenting a little more to help broaden your own style.
fgdcolor
grand zombie

Return to Public Gallery