Buncha line art. Lotsa pics.

WIPs, finished stuff, it's all good. Anything posted is open for crits unless otherwise stated.

Moderators: Zombie Dave McCaig, Reber, Laura, Dean Welsh, Scott Johnson

Buncha line art. Lotsa pics.

Postby Jack the R » Wed Oct 06, 2004 10:43 pm

Somebody delete this if line art isn't o.k. on this forum.

Here's a little of the line art I've done over the years. I think I'm probably better at drawing it than coloring it. Back in 96 or 97 I actually got a reply from Marvel but I was attending a 3D animation school at the time and decided to stick with that. In hindsight, I think I should have went the other way.

I did these chibi's recently, trying to get into a "How to Draw Manga" type book. They found another artist first, but liked my stuff and may want to work with me in the future. :D Of course, that's what they all say :(

School Kitty

Pirates of the Chibi

I get more interest in my anime/manga type work than anything else, but I started out drawing American comic book style art and have been slowly moving back towards it. Here's some more recent stuff:

Elf girl 1

Elf girl 2

Elf girl 3

Top Gun

Catwoman

Blue Blue Meanie

My structure's is far better now than it used to be, but I don't think my "cross hatching" style is as good as it used to be:

Sorry those last two pics are small - I'm sure I've got bigger ones on cd but I don't feel like digging them out.

I'm sort of fired up about pencilling at the moment and may push on it instead of coloring. Pencilling is probably my strongest skill, I might as well focus in on it and see where it gets me.
Jack the R
grand zombie

Postby Zombie Dave McCaig » Wed Oct 06, 2004 11:27 pm

Line art is A-ok!

Nice stuff!
Prepare the mental-bleach solution of two parts whiskey to two parts whisky.
Zombie Dave McCaig
Clownshoes
Clownshoes

Postby Jack the R » Thu Oct 07, 2004 1:48 am

I'm glad you like it. Here's another one. <---Link here (Don't know why that isn't the same blue color as the above links)
Jack the R
grand zombie

Return to Public Gallery