Hellboy: Animated

WIPs, finished stuff, it's all good. Anything posted is open for crits unless otherwise stated.

Moderators: Zombie Dave McCaig, Reber, Laura, Dean Welsh, Scott Johnson

Hellboy: Animated

Postby Nathan » Fri Sep 24, 2004 8:13 pm

A chum on another board (Danimation2D, I don't actually know his real name :oops:) drew these cool animated-style sketches of the Hellboy crew and I thought it would be a chuckle to ink and color them. They were fun. I like the style I settled on with Liz the best, but I don't think I'll go back and change the earlier ones to make the styles mesh better. It was just for fun and practice, after all. Lemme know what you think, please!

Sketch sample:

And colored!

Nathan
this guy knows to do all outstanding

Postby PRambo » Fri Sep 24, 2004 11:09 pm

those are cool!
PRambo
Wheels of death

Postby sdowner » Mon Sep 27, 2004 4:03 pm

Yeah, I like liz the best, but they're all cool.
I know you didn't draw these, but isn't Hellboy supposed to have a little arrow-type thingie on the end of his tail?
sdowner
Überzombie

Postby Nathan » Mon Sep 27, 2004 5:19 pm

isn't Hellboy supposed to have a little arrow-type thingie on the end of his tail?

Nope. Maybe you're thinking of Nightcrawler. But in the comics, he definitely does have cloven hooves for feet. Dan decided, and I agree with him, that if HB were to be done as an animated series, he would have to be at least as kid-friendly (and non-gross) as in the movie, where he has normal feet. Thanks for the comments, though! :cheers:
Nathan
this guy knows to do all outstanding

Postby chadf » Wed Sep 29, 2004 8:54 am

These are the sexy! And actually, I prefer the Kroenen and Abe to the rest of them. I prefer how little they are rendered. On the HB piece, the places where there are 3 steps between light and dark look better than where there are 4 (his shoulders) or more.

And the Liz one is nice but looks more like a finished illustration rather than an animated character... not that there's anything wrong with that, just not as slick and cool as Abe and Kroenen.

Really fun!

-chad
chadf