first attempt and digital painting

WIPs, finished stuff, it's all good. Anything posted is open for crits unless otherwise stated.

Moderators: Zombie Dave McCaig, Reber, Laura, Dean Welsh, Scott Johnson

first attempt and digital painting

Postby Atticus » Fri Apr 09, 2004 10:18 am

here is a painting I have been working on for alittle while
I did the pencils also and I know its kind of plain jane I just wanted to work on my rendering
its about 85% done
the hands are pissing me off I can't seem to get them to come out like I want to
and i also can seem to make the leather come out looking right when I add highlights to it, if anyone know of a easy technique or could direct me to a tutorial that would be great.
Other then that I am pretty happy with the out come I learned some new stuff and I guess that is always the goal

Atticus
Atticus
Fresh Meat

Postby Scott Johnson » Fri Apr 09, 2004 11:34 am

Don't look for "easy techniques." If you want to learn how to render leather, then study leather. Here, try this website: http://www.pierresilber.com/leathershorts2.html
Study the pictures, and have one or two in a window on your screen while you are working. It will help a lot.
Scott Johnson
Lurker Admin

Postby MBirkhofer » Fri Apr 09, 2004 11:59 am

Thanks for the link, Scott. I was just thinking about how I needed to collect leather/high gloss referances.

I think you may need to spend some time developing your anatomy too.
It's probably a better idea to work on your structure BEFORE your rendering and such. You'll find rendering and all that will come faster and easier when you have a solid base to start from.

By no means should this be your only source of anatomy practice, but:
http://www.inxslutz.com/forum/index.php ... howforum=3
I have a figure drawing thread I do weekly at this other forum. This kind of group session is a good motivater. There is often nudity, so if you aren't over 18, it is up to you and your parents to decide wheither you can join in.
MBirkhofer
Überzombie

Postby Atticus » Fri Apr 09, 2004 1:43 pm

Thanks for the link on the leather

and i am trying to work on my anotomy. I have started drawing everyday. which unforantly takes away from what I really love to do and that is painting and coloring. However I do realize improving one skill will help improve all of them.
Thats why I painted this even though the anotomy is off because I was jonesing to paint somthing. And I wanted to paint somthing I penciled so I can start devoloping my own style

And I might try to join in on your drawing thread.
the only problem right now is I have no internet acess where I do my art so it is kind of hard to get time to down load and up load images

anyways thanks for the replys
Atticus
Fresh Meat

Re: first attempt and digital painting

Postby bybowigijo » Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:18 am

First attempt will also be really new for the every artist and for the every painting with the biggest challenge of the open things. Rendering of the very best websites to affordable resume service reviews with the first of the attempt will be so come to great part.
bybowigijo
Fresh Meat

Return to Public Gallery