Convention Banners! Lookin for good examples

shoot the breeze. Movies, comics, potatoes. Whatever.

Moderators: Zombie Dave McCaig, Reber, Laura, Dean Welsh, Scott Johnson

Convention Banners! Lookin for good examples

Postby DCJosh » Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:50 am

Hey guys!

So i'm gettin myself ready for a con at the end of the month. Gonna be getting me one of those fancy stand up banners for my table. Having never made a banner, what are some good examples?
Just lookin to get an idea of what works for these

cheers!
-Click to view my Digital Portfolio-
DCJosh
Überzombie

Re: Convention Banners! Lookin for good examples

Postby MLaw » Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:38 pm

DCJosh wrote:Hey guys!

So i'm gettin myself ready for a con at the end of the month. Gonna be getting me one of those fancy stand up banners for my table. Having never made a banner, what are some good examples?
Just lookin to get an idea of what works for these

cheers!

I've never made one but I have seen plenty of them. 2 things.. 1 make sure it's not so big that other people set up around you are put out by it.. I've seen some so large that people were bumping it or couldn't hang their stuff in their space. 2 your signature is a fine example of what most of them look like. I've also seen vertical standees that are good too but those can be a pain if you have a cramped booth.
MLaw
Fresh Meat

Postby wyrlwynd » Sun Jun 09, 2013 1:11 pm

OK here are my thoughts on banners

1. are you going to always be in artist alley or are you getting a booth?
This is a major factor, some cons ( NY, Philly) if you produce a book you are a publisher and therefor cannot be in artist alley. With that said will 1 banner be enough?
we have 2 70 inch by 34 inch pull up standies, as well as a 8 ft by 3 ft rolled vinyl banner. we also have made 2 10' tall easels that 2 4 ft by 4 ft poster boards attach to on each and can display 9 11 x17 prints. We always get a booth so we know we will always have space enough for this kind of setup.

2. what is your budget, look for a place like http://www.halfpricebanners.com/ they are fast, cheap and you can find a local print shop that if you decide to change out the banners usually have the tension key to make the change for you.
wyrlwynd
Fresh Meat

Postby DCJosh » Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:06 pm

hey there!

Yeah this is probably just for Artist Alley stuff. I've been eying a 33x79 stand up banner that i'm pretty sure i'm gonna go with. Ive been just looking for ideas, visual type stuff, of what other people do to see what works and what kinda stuff catches the eye best and all that

I had a first idea that was a sort of collage of different images i've worked on but its ended up being too busy and not very visually distinct.
This is another idea, just one single image, that i'm working on. still playing with the text and what info to put up on it but

*shrug*
-Click to view my Digital Portfolio-
DCJosh
Überzombie

Return to Sunshine and Rainbows