Seeking artist for fantasy webtoon on global platform

Looking for flatting work? Have stuff to sell? Looking to buy used equipment? Post here....
**NO POSTING FOR FREE WORK!! INCL. BACK END DEALS**

Moderators: Reber, Dean Welsh

Seeking artist for fantasy webtoon on global platform

Postby j_tay » Sun Apr 09, 2017 6:49 pm

Hi everyone!

I have been seeking talented comic artists for my WEBTOON projects, and there is one slot left to fill.

For those who have contacted me before, thank you for connecting. The criteria for this role is specific, so I’m making a new post.

Once again, from the top:

I am a published webtoon (digital mobile comic) creator on Lezhin Comics. My current project is here: http://www.lezhin.com/en/comic/everydayzen. I have also created a variety of comics prior to this, which you can see on the first page here: http://johnytay.net.

I am developing longer, episodic comics for Lezhin and looking for suitable artists. This position is for a FANTASY webtoon. Part of the story will take place in a fantasy world; part of it in a modern-day setting.

The ideal artist for this project needs to have the following:

- Please be familiar with the pace and demands of webtoon production (about 50-70 finished panels per week, for Lezhin’s paid comics format)
- You should have background knowledge of the fantasy genre and how to draw its elements (what’s the difference between mage and warlock spells? How are orcs, trolls, and ogres different from one another?)
- Please be able to draw quality sequential art that is published, or of publishable quality
- The role demands the artist to cover all art aspects (from pencils to color and lettering); you can be alone or be a team, but please be ready to offer the full range
- Fees: for this project I am offering profit sharing at 50/50 (in context, a mid-ranked comic on Lezhin can fetch several thousand USD for its creators)

In writing, please show samples of past sequential art (colored, finished) that spans several pages. Due to the volume of emails, I can only respond to emails that I’d like to follow up on. (Sorry!)

Thank you for your kind attention, and I look forward to corresponding with you. :)

~Johny

Please write me direct at: johny at johnytay.net
j_tay
Fresh Meat

Return to Work for hire / stuff for sale